Friday, February 26, 2010

The Cave- Mumford & Sons

So tie me to a post and block my ears
I can see widows and orphans
through my tears
I know my call
despite my faults
And
despite my growing fears
..........................................................................
And I'll find strength in pain
And I will
change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again
..........................................................................
But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck
______________________________

Welcome to the Lazarus Generation:

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (ESV)

Faith: i try, i commit
Time and again life conflicts
Within this world that contradicts
bad luck, old news, bankrupt millionaires
........Good Morning...........

Hope: In a generation
empty words; transformed to action
i dream for a new satisfaction
Crazy, radical, gospel
........revolution.........

Reality: an oxymoron itself
Do what your told?
Learn from the old?
Why not embrace
Christs rebirth; new creation
From this comes life
......The lazarus Generation.......

Good Morning Revolution, The Lazarus Generation.

You ever ask who created this reality or so called normality that we call our life? Who made all the rules, social norms, deciphered between an okay action and something crazy. Where is the line? I've come to realize that the lifestyle i am living no longer meets the expectations of "normality" within society. I have no ambition to acquire this "american dream" nor do i have the desires to become great within myself. In a world that covets self worth i understand the inability to grasp a life in which only one thing matters.

Luke 10:38-42 (ESV)

This is the story of Martha and Mary as they have just allowed Jesus into their home and our preparing a meal for him while he begins teaching. When Jesus entered Mary had chose to "sit at the Lord's feet and liten to his teaching." At this time Martha was in the kitchen completely distracted worrying over the meal which she was preparing. "She came up to Him (Jesus) and said, " Lord do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Tell her to help me."
Jesus responded "Martha, Martha you are worried and bothered about so many things, but only one thing matters, mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken from her.

My eyes were opened to this story by a brother i met and travelled with last spring. I feel this passage represents the human desire to rely on ourselves, pursuing what we think is best, pursuing a normality which we were raised to consider as "the right" way to live. But in reality......
only one things matters


So come out of your cave walking on your hands
And see the world hanging upside down
You can understand dependence
When you know the maker's hand
........................................................
Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how
To live my life as it's meant to be
........................................................
And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again
.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is now working... drop a comment on something you resonate with. or just anything...