Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Relient K- Getting into you

When I made up my mind
And my heart along with that
To live not for myself
But yet for God, somebody said
Do you know what you
are getting yourself into
_____________________
When I finally ironed out
All of my priorities
And asked God to remove the doubt
That makes me so unsure of these
Things I ask myself, I ask myself
Do you know what you are getting yourself into


I have a few questions for myself, you might be able to help.

1. Do i desire to walk with God more than feel my own security?
2. What does running towards Christ and pursuing our God look like?
3. Where are my priorities and how do i back them up with action?

Now this would be a great start to a 5 paragraph essay format right? Thanks middle-school. I will try to avoid this as much as possible. Yet i would like to share where my heart is and at least tackle these one at a time. Take it as you choose.

Im getting into you... you're essential to SURVIVE:

I have always had knowledge about our God and desired a relationship. Yet one thing that has always held me back is security and my comfort level. It is absolutely true that i find refuge within myself and what i have created on the earthly level, ex: Knowledge, friendships, leadership qualities or decision making. But is this enough to Walk with God? This would mean laying everything down and loving our God with my life? I have struggled.... As i sit here reading through my Kenya journals i realize the refining process that went on within my heart on that trip. Not only was i experiencing an overabundance of emotion towards the people in Kenya i was also faced with the lacking fact that my faith in our God was not overflowing, in fact my love for Jesus was so limited, lacking the trust and faith that our God really deserves. God says for us to trust him with reckless abandonment. What does this mean in my life? How do i pursue this lifestyle?

Do you know what you are getting into?

This means no longer living for ourselves... I didn't know if i was capable of doing this. Nothing in this world makes this an easy decision. My spirit is willing but my flesh is WEAK! In fact, everything i have searched for in this world hinders my progress. But i'm sick of trying to please myself in a world thats unsatisfying. And our God's response: Faith. Faith in a God that is unfailing, Faith in a relationship so satisfying "in a way words can't describe". "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6). Our lives require Faith. Faith in such a way that takes us past our insecurities, past our control, past the lifestyles of this world. This is difficult stuff. "Having faith often means DOING what others see as crazy (Francis Chan)." But who says our lives should make any sense to non-believers... I choose to recklessly abandon this world and run towards our God.

I've been a liar and I'll never amount to
The kind of person you deserve to worship you
You say you will not dwell
on what I did but rather what I do you say
I love you and that's what you are getting yourself into
_____________________________________________
I'm getting into you
Because you got to me, in a way words can't describe
I'm getting into you
Because I've got to be
You're essential to survive

He said, I love you and that's what you are getting yourself into

1 comment:

  1. Well, dude holy crap. It's crazy to think that we haven't known each other that long but I know more about you and your walk with God than anyone else I know. I look up to you man, seriously. I do.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is now working... drop a comment on something you resonate with. or just anything...