Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Beatles- Across the Universe

Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

...I am now getting over the prolonged hangover from 17 hours of midwest travel from Kansas to Naperville. Thanks Megabus, Cta and Metra.... My body didn't appreciate it...

This trip did allow me to finish the book "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson. If any of you have not read it i suggest it very much. Its a story in detail about a man who stumbles upon a Balti village during a near fatal K2 climb and in this process dedicates his life to building school for an overlooked, nearly non-existent part of the country. Its a very eye opening story about how one guy took his passion and gave himself up completely for someone else and was successful through it. Well i don't want to tell you everything.. hit it up!

I'm home now for the holidays...finally... it's good to be back! The whole family is here this time, my brother traveled from New York back home for the next two weeks. Although this will probably not slow life down much, we will be leaving for Chicago staying downtown for the next 3 days. I am excited for the the days following, trying new restaurants, going to some live theater productions and just messing around with the family.

Pray for me as i'm continually planning for Africa this summer, its beginning to become overwhelming..

post yr thought.. peace easy


Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Nothing's gonna change my world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is now working... drop a comment on something you resonate with. or just anything...